UI designer & trouble

Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Gildas Menier
VIP Member

UI designer & trouble

Unread post by Gildas Menier » 12 Dec 2010 19:21

Hi,

I have trouble with the interface designer and custom control (VIP 7.3). When I create a new custom control (or draw control) the 'event' part of the UI Designer remains empty. I contacted the support for this problem (and they answered me very fast - thank you). Anyway, I cannot succeed in making the designer event part appear. Does anyone has this problem too and (more important) do you have a workaround ? Perhaps a hotfix ? I really like 7.3 (long way since 6.3 ;) ) and I (badly) need this feature.

thank you !

best regards
Gildas

Steve Lympany
VIP Member

Unread post by Steve Lympany » 12 Dec 2010 20:31

Hi Gildas,
Starting with a new project, and creating a new drawControl, the events tab shows an empty events list (in the IDE properties dialog). But after it's compiled, the list is populated (for me anyway).

Otherwise you can add your own listeners too - or am I not looking at the right area?

cheers
Steve

Gildas Menier
VIP Member

Unread post by Gildas Menier » 12 Dec 2010 20:39

Hi Steve,

Thank you for trying. This probably means that my install could be corrupted (?). I'll try to reinstall it.

- edited - reinstall does no good. When I create the control with default status, the event tab is populated (see the picture : the custom control huihui.ctl is ok and works perfect - with a populated event tab -). But for instance, the custom control gigi (sorry for the silly names) in ../../gfc displays an empty event tab (even after compiling it). All controls are created by the VP IDE.

(by the way, I use namespaces for file, list etc)

Best regards

Gildas
Attachments
test.jpg
example
test.jpg (28.39 KiB) Viewed 2115 times

dominique f pannier
VIP Member

Unread post by dominique f pannier » 17 Dec 2010 8:26

Hi,
Same constatation than Steve. I'm using more than one usercontrol (or drawcontrol) in an application without problem after compilations.
Regards
Dominique Pannier

Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls » 17 Dec 2010 23:19

Hi, Gildas. Do you still have this problem? I imagine that you have tried to rebuild the entire project?
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC

Gildas Menier
VIP Member

Unread post by Gildas Menier » 18 Dec 2010 10:36

Hi Thomas,

Yes. As a workaround, I create now the controls in the default directory and move the generated code to the target directory and then manually patch the .pack, .ph code to deal with the directory change. It works that way. Not very practical (!), but it works anyway.

Not a big deal, if I am the only one with this issue (this seems the case). I can go on this way.

Gildas

Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls » 18 Dec 2010 19:24

So you have the problem when the control is in ..\..\gfc\..., but not when it is below the project directory?

Is there also a namespace difference?
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC