Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Loffy

Fault tolerant heap shim message

Unread post by Loffy »

I am currently testing and get the following message after selecting to run the Debugger:

Project 'C:\Data & Photos\Data\PDC\Loffys Test Bed V2\Loffys Test Bed V2.vipprj' is opened
Project components have been saved
No changes.
Debug: outputDebugString('FTH: (2096): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***').

Yes, some earlier tests crashed, though after fixing some of the faults I am still getting this message despite closing VIP and re-opening; and also after restarting my computer.

Does anyone have a suggestion to "clear" the effect of the previous crashes?

Regards,

Loffy
Loffy

Re: Fault tolerant heap shim message

Unread post by Loffy »

I seem to have proceeded past the debug error message by issuing a memory::garbageCollect(), statement from a small standalone routine, though I remain confused why the error persisted for a significant number (about 10) of debug runs.

Also, I am not absolutely convinced that the memory::garbageCollect(), statement was the reason that the debug error finally cleared.

I would appreciate understanding the persistence of the error, and how to "properly" clear the error.

Regards,

Loffy
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

It is a Windows thing. It seems to be controllable. See: Fault Tolerant Heap.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Loffy

Unread post by Loffy »

Thomas,

Thanks for the info. I won't play with the windows settings (just yet). I will wait and see if it happens again.

Regards,

Loffy