Discussions related to Visual Prolog
PPE02

Remove project files

Unread post by PPE02 »

Can I remove .cl .i and .pro files from a project???
'Remove From Project' option is dimmed.
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Re: Remove project files

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

If you want to delete some files in a package, but not the entire package, you can open the package directory (Ctrl-E) and delete, rename or move those files.

Sometimes when I am making many revisions of a project I will make a temporary package (e.g., itemsToDelete_PACK) and Move the class, interface or resource files to that package. Then I can easily remove the entire package, test the application and easily add the package back into the project if I have removed something in error.
PPE02

Unread post by PPE02 »

Thanks for the reply Harrison.

I am probably being a bit slow!
I added a form to an existing package and later decided not to use it - so there's no specific package just for the files I want to delete. I have already deleted the files but they still appear in the project, they have a red X against them. If I cannot get rid of them I will have to re-enter what I've done so far. Not a major issue but it would be nice to know how to/be able to delete them. With the files deleted from the directory the system will not allow me to select [Build].

Thanks again Paul
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

When you Build or Rebuild the project they will disappear from the project tree.
PPE02

Unread post by PPE02 »

Harrison many thanks.
Got there eventually!