Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Audun Tönnesen

no closing of message window

Unread post by Audun Tönnesen »

I'm going to use the message window actively in an app, so I don't want the user to close it.
Looking in the code (and inherited code, and other in herited code...) I see many references to frame decorations, but the question is: is there ONE place to skip the close-box of the message window without interfering with other windows?
Regards,
Audun.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

You can change the decoration in the taskWindow, before you show the form:

Code: Select all

predicates     onShow : window::showListener. clauses     onShow(_, _CreationData) :-         MessageForm = messageForm::new(This),         MessageForm:setDecoration(titlebar([])),         MessageForm:show().
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Audun Tönnesen

Something funny here....

I wanted no closebutton, but still keep minimizebutton and maximizebutton. However, it seems this predicate is a "all or none." If I try this, there's no buttons at all:

onShow(_, _CreationData) :-
MessageForm = messageForm::new(This),
MessageForm:setDecoration(titlebar([minimizebutton(), maximizebutton()])), %Only two buttons, but they don't show
MessageForm:show().

I've tested the same thing with the task-window: same result: deleting the closebutton() from the decoration-list renders a taskwindow titlebar without buttons at all.
Regards,
Audun.
Audun Tönnesen

The "opposite" is possible, though: if I delete the minimize- and maximize- buttons from the list, but keep the closebutton, the window is renderet with only closebutton:

setDecoration(titlebar([closebutton()])), %Only close button will be rendered
Regards,
Audun.
Audun Tönnesen

Crisis ! After I tinkered with the Taskwindow (automatic generated code), there's a fatal link error:

Type Description Filename f2505 Fatal error 2505: Cannot create file 'Exe\fallkon.exe', errno=13 fallkon.exe

I've deleted OBJ-directory, restarted system, Rebuilt All, but no use. And of course, I've mended the code (creation of task-window) by copying it in from one of the example-programs.
Regards,
Audun.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

A Microsoft Windows window cannot have minimize and maximize unless it have close.

The error:
Type Description Filename f2505 Fatal error 2505: Cannot create file 'Exe\fallkon.exe', errno=13 fallkon.exe
comes when you then program (i.e. falkon.exe) is still running while you try to create a new one.

Booting will of course help, but closing the program is sufficient.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

Creation of message window with user defined buttons and redirection of standerd output

Unread post by Ferenc Nagy »

I have dealt with this problem in my contribution http://wiki.visual-prolog.com/index.php ... d:TestDraw.
I have omitted the handling of the relative distance of the frames of message window from the client rectangle of the task window from the code excerts below

Code: Select all

% Construction with given buttons in the titlebar and and close responder   constructors         % Construction with given buttons in the titlebar and and close responder         new:(window Parent,         frameDecoration::decoration Buttons, % Buttons on the titlebar.         frameDecoration::closeResponder CloseMode,         string Title, font,  boolean RedirectStdio).   constants % Display with changed titlebar and closing modes.   max_min_button:frameDecoration::decoration=frameDecoration::titlebar([frameDecoration::maximizebutton(),frameDecoration::minimizebutton()]). max_min_close_button:frameDecoration::decoration=frameDecoration::titlebar([frameDecoration::maximizebutton(),frameDecoration::minimizebutton(),frameDecoration::closeButton()]).   predicates     denyCloseResponder(_)=denyClose().       acceptCloseResponder(_)=acceptClose().     clauses         new(Parent,Buttons,CloseResponder,Title, Font,  RedirectStdio) :-         formWindow::new(Parent),         setText(Title),         formMessageControl := messageControl::new(This),         formMessageControl:setLines(MaxLines),         % The listeners react the change of the size of the parent window.         addSizeListener(resizeListener),         addGetFocusListener(focusListener),         addUserListener(         Parent:addSizeListener(onParentResize),         onParentResize(Parent),         % These are the settings of added properites         addDestroyListener(onDestroy),         setCloseResponder(CloseResponder),         setDecoration(Buttons),         if RedirectStdio=true then             stdio::setOutputStream(formMessageControl:getOutputStream())         end if.   predicates     onDestroy : destroyListener. clauses     onDestroy(_) :-         if redirected_output=true then             stdio::setOutputStream(ini_out_stream)         end if,         Parent=getParent(),         Parent:removeSizeListener(onParentResize),         retractAll(instance(This)).        
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy
Audun Tönnesen

Thanks for contribution, Frank!
I admit it went "over my head," but anyway...

I decided to just ditch the message window and use a sciLexer editor instead.
Regards,
Audun.
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

Is not the frame of Scilexer message window the same as the old fashioned one?

Unread post by Ferenc Nagy »

Audun,

If you inspect the code than you'll see that even if
formMessageControl : messageControl is replaced by a scilexer control within the message window,
but the modified handling of the window frame around it is still usable.
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy
Audun Tönnesen

In the new(...)-clause, fourth line??
Regards,
Audun.