Discussions related to Visual Prolog
CLjack

cannot see the result

Unread post by CLjack »

I am a newer, when I learn the example of Hello World on the website, there is no problem during the debug,but when I excute the program, I found that the time the result show in the command window is too short to see. Is there any solution for this problem?
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I assume you are referring to the Hello World video.

A console (command line) program will run in a Windows shell (command prompt), but as soon as the program terminates the shell will also close, leaving little time to observer the result.

However, Ctrl+F5 (Build -> Run in Window) will run the program in a shell that stays open (until you press a key).
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
CLjack

Re: Thanks a lot!

Unread post by CLjack »

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:I assume you are referring to the Hello World video.

A console (command line) program will run in a Windows shell (command prompt), but as soon as the program terminates the shell will also close, leaving little time to observer the result.

However, Ctrl+F5 (Build -> Run in Window) will run the program in a shell that stays open (until you press a key).

Thank you very much for your timely reply. I have tried the solution you offered for my question, it's very useful! So, thank you again for your help!