Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Eftychios

Create User Control

Unread post by Eftychios »

Hello,

I'm trying to make a minesweeper and i would like to ask you if I can create a new user control (Button in my case) with specific properties.

So on load form i'll be able to use a recursive function to print 81 buttons instead of add 81 buttons.

Is there a way to make this ??

Kind regards
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I am not quite sure what it is you want (in several ways).

• Should the control act as 1 button?
  • Or should it be a 81 button control?
  • Do you want to rely on the standard button?
  • Or do you want to do the drawing and mouse handling yourself?
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Eftychios

Hello, thank you for the response.

Actually i'm working on it in other way, what i want to make is a form with 81 buttons in a form (9 rows and 9 columns).
What i want to do is:

1) To give to each button coordinates, for example 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ... 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
so when i want to get the value of button in position 1.1 to have a function like value(X,Y)
The question here is how can i add that kind of label(cooordinates(X,Y)) for a button ???

What i want to achieve with this is that when i press a button with coordinates 3.3 to check all it's neighbours.

For example, neigbours of 3.3 = 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.2, 3.4, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4.

2) The second question is if there is any random function in Visual Prolog ?? Because i want everytime to have random position for the mines (which will be in the buttons propably as a label)

Thank you in advance for your help
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

OK, now it is getting clearer.

I think you could make a faily good minesweeper look and feel if you draw the board with all the numbers and mines, and then place buttons on the top.

When the user presses a button you will simply destroy the button and do the relevant action (which may include updating the board drawing to indicate a lost game).

Alternatively, you can replace pressed buttons with an image (of fields with nothing/a number/a mine/...), using image control.

Anyways, to place the buttons you can use code like this (in a form):

Code: Select all

constants     columns = 9.     rows = 9.     size = 10. clauses     new(Parent):-         formWindow::new(Parent),         generatedInitialize(),         foreach Row = std::cIterate(rows), Column = std::cIterate(columns) do             Button = button::new(This),             placeInGrid(Button, Row, Column),             Button:setClickResponder({ = button::noAction :- onClick(Button, Row, Column) })         end foreach.   predicates     onClick : (button Button, positive Row, positive Column). clauses     onClick(Button, Row, Column) :-         Button:destroy(),         Text = textControl::new(This),         placeInGrid(Text, Row, Column),         Text:setAlignment(vpiDomains::alignCenter),         Text:setText("x"),         Text:show(),         stdio::writef("(%, %)\n", Row, Column).   predicates     placeInGrid : (control Control, positive Row, positive Column). clauses     placeInGrid(Control, Row, Column) :-         Control:setPosition(Column*size, Row*size),         Control:setSize(size, size).
PDC
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Here is a slightly updated version, that stores the buttons in a map, so that they can also be removed without being clicked (for example to reveal the solution in the end):

facts     buttons : mapM{tuple{positive Row, positive Column}, button Button} := mapM_redBlack::new().   constants     columns = 9.     rows = 9.     size = 10. clauses     new(Parent):-         formWindow::new(Parent),         generatedInitialize(),         foreach Row = std::cIterate(rows), Column = std::cIterate(columns) do             Button = button::new(This),             placeInGrid(Button, Row, Column),             Button:setClickResponder({ = button::noAction :- onClick(Row, Column) }),             buttons:set(tuple(Row, Column), Button)         end foreach.   predicates     onClick : (positive Row, positive Column). clauses     onClick(Row, Column) :-         Field = tuple(Row, Column),         Button = buttons:get(Field),         buttons:removeKey(Field),         Button:destroy(),         Text = textControl::new(This),         placeInGrid(Text, Row, Column),         Text:setAlignment(vpiDomains::alignCenter),         Text:setText("x"),         Text:show(),         stdio::writef("(%, %)\n", Row, Column).   predicates     placeInGrid : (control Control, positive Row, positive Column). clauses     placeInGrid(Control, Row, Column) :-         Control:setPosition(Column*size, Row*size),         Control:setSize(size, size).
PDC
Eftychios

Thank you very much for your help, your time and the great communication.

I'll try the solutions you proposed.

Again cheers.
Eftychios

Hello again,

I have tried this with the followin way but seems that i miss something.

1) I have created a new project. I have added a new in package -> Form

2) then task menu -> unchecked F7 disabled

3) then id_file_new -> onFileNew add

4) clauses
onFileNew(_Source, _MenuTag):-
_= mines::display(This).
so i can displa the form

and then I inserted the proposed code in my project and i get the following error:
"undeclared predicate, propert or fact 'new/1'"

Till step 4 this is the right way to follow ??? I have to make new window form and then insert the code for the button creation?
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

It sounds correct a form should have a constructor, new, with a Parent argument.
PDC
Eftychios

ignore

'
l
Last edited by Eftychios on 27 Apr 2014 9:31, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

The code should go into your form not into the taskWindow.
PDC
Eftychios

Thank you very much ...

Works like a charm now.

Thanks also for the imediate replies.

You were very helpful.

Kind Regards
Eftychios

Dear Thomas i have made a very nice program with your help.

At clause new(Parent) i have placed the for each loop to create buttons at rows and columns.

I have added to my window form 2 textboxes (for rows and col) and 1 button.

1) i want when i press the button to clear the form from the existing buttons

2) and then call the new(Parent) where i have the for each loop that creates the buttons

I have copied the for each loop into the onclick clause but nothing happened when i pressed the button
Snejanna

Unread post by Snejanna »

Hello!
I want to create the same game on prolog and have faced a problem.
In your code there is:

Button:setClickResponder({ = button::noAction :- onClick(Row, Column) }),
but how can I make a responder for right mouse click?
Thank you.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Standard buttons does not have a behavior on right-mouse clicks.

But you can add mouse a mouse listener:

Button:addMouseDownListener(onButtonMouseDown),
Simple code looks like this:

predicates     onButtonMouseDown : window::mouseDownListener. clauses     onButtonMouseDown(_Source, Point, ShiftControlAlt, Button) :-         stdio::writef("Point = %, ShiftControlAlt = %, Button = %\n", Point, ShiftControlAlt, Button).
PDC
Snejanna

Unread post by Snejanna »

Thank you very much!