Webrowser example

Discussions related to Visual Prolog
dominique f pannier
VIP Member

Webrowser example

Unread post by dominique f pannier » 17 Feb 2013 10:30

Hi,
When launching Webbrowser example and clicking upon File/New browser and then Home Page or Video tutorials, I get the attached exception once a while....
It did not happen with the 2 other links.
Attachments
WebBrowserEx_error.jpg
WebBrowserEx_error.jpg (218.25 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Regards
Dominique Pannier

Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls » 17 Feb 2013 16:46

It looks like an exception we have also encountered. And which we believe was solved.

In our case it only happened when running in 64bit mode, is that also the case for you?
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC

dominique f pannier
VIP Member

Unread post by dominique f pannier » 19 Feb 2013 11:00

Regards
Dominique Pannier

dominique f pannier
VIP Member

Unread post by dominique f pannier » 19 Feb 2013 14:18

Hi,
After multiple try in 32 bits mode, at first click :

- wiki and Discussion forum opens right the html page

- Home Page and Video Tutorials almost invariabily does not open the page and either opens a window with the title "Demonstrates usage of the active X control" and the message that the program has stopped to run or displays the exception with message "divided by zero..."

However, when clicking upon Home Page or Video Tutorials after opening a page with Home Page or Video Tutorials, the html page is correctly opened.
Regards
Dominique Pannier

Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls » 20 Feb 2013 8:45

Thank you for explaining the details. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem, but I run Windows7.

Appearently, Windows 8 is structured a bit different than Windows 7 and Vista. Because on them the mshtml.dll for a 32bit program would be C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll.

In a few days I can try it on Windows 8, but I don't really expect it will help. The problems we have seen with the webBrowser control have varied very much from machine to machine, because so many things influence:
  • Explorer plug-ins
  • Video card drivers (IE normally uses hardware acceleration, but (for some mysterious reason) not when it is hosted as a control).
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC