Problem with commentaries in Visual Prolog 7.4

Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Elena Efimova

Problem with commentaries in Visual Prolog 7.4

Unread post by Elena Efimova » 13 Dec 2012 13:01

Hello!

When I mark the commentaries using %, after a couple or three runs or even at once, the entire page of code below that mark turns gray. The program works fine.
After this, I replace the % by /* */ - everything is normal.
But after the program a couple of times runs, again all is gray and it is necessary to look for the line that is commented with %, to highlight all the rest.

Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls » 13 Dec 2012 15:01

Hi Elena.

I believe we know this problem already. So far the problem has always disappeared, if you close and reopen the document.

I.e. we know the problem, but we do not know how to reproduce it. If you find a way to reproduce it we will be very glad to hear about it.

We will also see if we can solve the problem by code analysis/review. But without a reproduction method it is very difficult to be sure whether a change is indeed a solution.

I do not understand what you mean by: after a couple or three runs or even at once. What is it that run?
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC

Elena Efimova

Unread post by Elena Efimova » 13 Dec 2012 16:02

Thomas,

I tested a small program (console application) many times for different sets of facts, "commenting" some of them.

Code: Select all

class facts p : (string, ... ...). clauses % p(..., ... ...). % p(..., ... ...). p(..., ... ...). p(..., ... ...). % 30-40 facts
or

Code: Select all

clauses p(..., ... ...). % p(..., ... ...). p(..., ... ...). % p(..., ... ...). % ...
I did not close the file, just pushed the button "E" (Execute).
Other places of the code in this file also contain comments, the same happened to them.
(Your solution works. :-) )

Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls » 13 Dec 2012 16:57

Thank you, for the explanaition. I will see if I can find a way to reproduce the problem in the way you describe.

(I consider my "solution" a workaround ;-))
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC