Page 1 of 1
Problem with setupExamples in Visual Prolog 7.2
Posted: 12 Nov 2008 17:41
Error 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file .....\Visual Prolog 7.2 PE\bin\WISA11AO.........MSI.
Posted: 13 Nov 2008 10:11
You need first run SetupExamples from the VIP-ALC'08 version and uninstall the examples. And then you can install Visual Prolog 7.2 examples from the latest version.
Posted: 13 Nov 2008 10:44
I have uninstalled the VIP-ALC'08 version and then I have removed the examples from it, but the error is the same. And after that there is the dialog Fatal Error.
Posted: 17 Mar 2009 6:09
the same problem exists in build 7202.
Posted: 17 Mar 2009 8:41
We saw similar problems on some machines but unfortunately it's unclear how to handle them. It has something to do with invalid cashed msi data from the previous setups. We will probably have to recreate the setup from scratch. We'll notify you when the problem is solved.
Posted: 28 Apr 2009 18:37
I have a similar problem when trying to install the example programs. I've completely removed older versions with the exception of v5.2, rebooted the computer and tried a clean install. I've tried a few times and even downloaded the VP installation package again and always get the same error message;
Error 1334. The file "winepars.cl" cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file "Cabs.w1.cab". This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM or a problem with this package.
Any assistance would be greatly apreciated.
Posted: 28 Apr 2009 20:18
my 2 cents...
Had the same problem for another setup (not for Visual Prolog - so I think this may not be VP related):
http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_cont ... ing_to_rea
then a clean reinstall of the microsoft installer made it :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
and at least the install was ok.
Posted: 28 Apr 2009 21:18
Thanks much Gildas. That did the trick.
I didn't think it was VP related and using the Windows Installer Cleanup utility fixed the problem. I guess there's some residual files occassionally left over by the Windows Installer routine.