Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Help documentation syntax guide

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

Where can we find the current syntax guide for the Help documentation tags?

The ancient ProDoc documentation does not correspond with ViP 11 tagging.

Code: Select all

class predicates     fileNameWithEllipses : (string PNE, charCount MaxChars) -> string ShortenedPNE determ.     % @short Shorten a fully-qualified file name, prefixing the right-most part with ellipses.     % @detailed <== not valid     % @fail <== not valid     % @exception     % @example     % @withdomain     % @overview <== not valid     % @end
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Re: Help documentation syntax guide

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I am afraid that it is not documented anywhere. Furthermore, it is "under reconstruction" here (but I am afraid that that will not reach you for a long time). I would stick to @short and @end and perhaps @detailed and then use #Variable in your descriptions.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

OK.
Here's a tally of the Help tags used in the Vip11 PFC folders

Code: Select all

Tag                Frequency @short          (17085) @end            (16997) @detail         (2505) @noformat       (1443) @exception      (624) @withdomain     (92) @example        (80) @fail           (41) @Short          (14) @Fail           (11) @desc           (8) @control        (7) @details        (4) @wothdomain     (1) @shorts         (1) @package        (1) @overview       (1)
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

Some of that is clearly wrong. And some doesn't really have a meaning anymore.

@noformat disables auto-formatting of the file, it is emitted by code generating tools. It doesn't have a documentation semantics.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC