Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Antivirus issue with

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

I sent an small Vip10x application with the EXE and associated DLL files to a friend and it was flagged and (?) quarantined by McAfee.

It looks like McAfee reduced the size of the EXE on his system, too.
Is this a known problem?
Attachments
3rWtek9ISPJAaAa0.png
3rWtek9ISPJAaAa0.png (182.52 KiB) Viewed 20953 times
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Re: Antivirus issue with

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I have never heard of that particular problem, but antivirus programs have caused problems before, typically with our runtime DLL's.

I suggest that you password protect the zip (and then hope that McAfee will not intervene when you unpack or run the program).

Earlier this month I submitted a version of the IDE as a false positive to McAfee. But most likely it will only result in that particular program will be white listed, next build may again be a false positive.

I believe that Visual Prolog is one of the most virus safe programs you can get hold of: We only use our own compiler and Microsoft C++; we nearly don't use any 3'rd part software (scintilla/sciLexer, boost regexp, Boehm et. al garbage collector) and we compile it ourselves using Microsoft C++ compiler.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Re: Antivirus issue with

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

Thanks for the info, Thomas.

In the past, McAfee has been associated with major file corruption/loss for me when using OneDrive and I won't ever use it again.