Discussions related to Visual Prolog
augustinharrison

MIGRATE 7.5 TO 10

Unread post by augustinharrison »

what will be involved in migrating my systems from it's current 7.5 license to your new version in terms of cost and procedure?
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Re: MIGRATE 7.5 TO 10

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

The upgrade nodes will/can provide a clue to the technical aspect, but there may be more than what we have written about.

You should also notice that the Personal Edition will most likely contain a lot of the things you need, so you can just give it a try :-).
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
augustinharrison

im on 7.5 ce and my concern is having to migrate 7.5 to 8, 8 to 9, and 9 to 10. that would be 3 professional versions i would be forced to put my projects through as opposed to paying 100 for the version 10 ce and migrating up directly from 7.5 ce. i will keep reading, but 3 versions would
exceed my budget today as this is for R&D.
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

We only sell Vip 10, so stepwise updating is not an option (if you have vip 7.5 the update cost is €10).

While updating in steps is not possible, you will still have to deal with all the mentioned changes (just in one step).

I think you should downloading the Personal Edition and see how it goes. But remember to backup the original projects.

Also sometimes if you do something wrong: it may be simpler to start over again (maybe from a saved intermediate step) rather than manually undoing a lot of changes. A version control system (e.g. git) is highly recommendable.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
augustinharrison

thanks thomas
aeh