Discussions related to Visual Prolog
daveplummermd
VIP Member

Wheel Scrolling in Grid Example

Unread post by daveplummermd »

Guys
Can you advise on how to introduced scrolling the GRID by mouse wheel events in the Grid example distributed with v8.+. I have scoured the forum with no luck.

Thanks in advance
Dave Plummer
Dave Plummer
daveplummermd
VIP Member

Re: Wheel Scrolling in Grid Example

OK, if interested, I got it.

1) move the declaration of "grid_vmove_cells_area" to vpiGrid.cl

2) Add listener " addVScrollListener(onVScroll)" to the clause " generatedInitialize()" in childDialog.pro

3) add the clause "onVScroll" to handle the scroll event

Code: Select all

onVScroll(Source, ScrollCode, ThumbPosition) -      if ScrollCode = 2 then            vpiGridgrid_vmove_cells_area(activeGrid, 1)       elseif ScrollCode=  1 then            vpiGridgrid_vmove_cells_area(activeGrid, -1)        end if,        !.
Dave Plummer
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

Dave,

Should vpiGridgrid_vmove_cells_area be vpiGrid::grid_vmove_cells_area ?

Add listener " addVScrollListener(onVScroll)" confuses me. Do you mean add a VScroll listener (onVScroll) ?

Also, where is activeGrid defined? I can't find it.

Thanks for digging into this. I hope your tweaks get added into the next VP update.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I don't have any really good information about this, but I have a warning.

Don't make any changes in generatedInitialize it is generated (as the name and the surrounding comments implies).

Whatever you like to do in generatedInitialize do it in the constructor after the call to generatedInitialize instead.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
daveplummermd
VIP Member

Guys
No changes to generatedInitialize .

Let me restate the steps:
1) move the declaration of "grid_vmove_cells_area" to vpiGrid.cl

2) Add listener " addVScrollListener(onVScroll)]" to the constructor new(Parent) in childDialog.pro

new(Parent) :-         dialog::new(Parent),         generatedInitialize(),         This:addVScrollListener(onVScroll),
the name "onVScroll" is arbitary, and will be the name of predicate called on vscroll event.

3) modify the onShow clause in childDialog.pro in order to add the GridWindow to database
first, add the fact section

facts        activeGrid : vpiDomains::windowHandle := erroneous.
then the modified onShow

onShow(Source, _Data) :-         !,         get_init_grid_conf(caller, GridStyle, RowStyle, ColumnStyle),         WinDef = [customctl(wdef(wc_Custom, rct(1, 1, 440, 249), "Custom", u_DlgBase), "grid", 40000, [wsf_Group, wsf_TabStop])],         GridWin = vpi::winCreateDynControl(WinDef, Source:getVpiWindow()),         activeGrid := GridWin,         vpiGrid::init(GridWin, GridStyle, RowStyle, ColumnStyle, grid_callback),         vpiGrid::visitorder(GridWin, 90, c_Alt, vpiGrid::grid_right).
4) and lastly the onVscroll clause

predicates     onVScroll : window::scrollListener. clauses     onVScroll(_Source, ScrollCode, _ThumbPosition) :-         if ScrollCode = 2 then             vpiGrid::grid_vmove_cells_area(activeGrid, 1)         elseif ScrollCode = 1 then             vpiGrid::grid_vmove_cells_area(activeGrid, -1)         else             succeed         end if,         !.
I hope that explains it better.

Dave
Dave Plummer
alex63

Unread post by alex63 »

Please tell me if you have working code to go to the next cell? I need behavior to be Excel like

vpiGrid::visitorder(GridWin, 90, c_Alt, vpiGrid::grid_right).
This code doesn't work

init(GridWin, CellsStyle, CellsRowStyle, CellsColumnStyle, CallBackFunc) :-         grid_remove_markers(GridWin, grid_single_marker),         grid_get_param(GridWin, CellsStyle, CellsRowStyle, CellsColumnStyle),         assert(grid_info(GridWin, RCT, CallBackFunc, ParentWin)), …..         assert(grid_visit_order(GridWin, grid_key_enter, c_Nothing, grid_down)),         assert(grid_visit_order(GridWin, grid_key_enter, c_Shift, grid_up)),         assert(grid_visit_order(GridWin, grid_key_tab, c_Nothing, grid_right)),         assert(grid_visit_order(GridWin, grid_key_tab, c_Shift, grid_left)),         assert(grid_visit_order(GridWin, grid_max_length, c_Nothing, grid_right)),