Discussions related to Visual Prolog
WarrenH

Personal VP Download Problem

Unread post by WarrenH »

I have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox and have been unable to download the .msi file. I tried downloading an .msi file from Microsoft and it downloaded without problem so I know that .msi file types are not blocked. Any idea why I cannot download the Personal Visual Prolog .msi file?

Thanks,
Warren
Warren Hoffnung
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
WarrenH

Unread post by WarrenH »

I just clicked on the link in your post and the file download shows 0.2/33.0 MB. This is what happens on each web browser.

Warren
Warren Hoffnung
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

I can download the file from my home, so it can be done. But that does of course not help you.

If you write a mail to support@visual-prolog.com we can try to establish another download possibility for you.
PDC
WarrenH

Unread post by WarrenH »

Thank you very much. I have sent the email as you suggested. By-the-way, are you located in Denmark? I had the wonderful opportunity to visit Denmark several times while on business trips, stayed at the SAS Hotel near Tivoli Gardens and had a wonderful time in Copenhaven as well as at a museum consisting of homes from various times in Danish history that I traveled to by train.

Regards,
Warren
Warren Hoffnung
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Hi, Warren. I have uploaded the .msi file to you. Yes, we are located in Denmark, 10 km from Tivoli. We also have a section in St. Petersburg.
PDC
WarrenH

Unread post by WarrenH »

Thank you very much. I have downloaded and installed the file. It appears to be running fine although I have yet to write any code. By-the-way, has the language changed much since the Borland Prolog was first offered. I purchased it in the '80s and still have some texts that teach the original incarnation. I'm wondering whether I should be reviewing these books or if things have changed so much that I need to toss them and get books that focus on the current product.

I have been doing most of my coding in Visual Delphi and Cold Fusion and want to get back to using Prolog although I have no projects in mind yet.

Thanks much.
Warren
Warren Hoffnung
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

I think you should stick to the current documentation. Things have as you notice changed a lot since the Turbo days.
PDC
Paul Cerkez
VIP Member

agree, go with new

Unread post by Paul Cerkez »

I had (still do actually) Turbo Prolog 2.0

When I upgraded to PDC 3 (many years ago), it was much easier to start over new rather than convert.

The older code gave me design concepts and 'how' I wanted things to perform at the concept level but the effort to convert the code was too much and locked me into 'older' paradigms that sort of inhibited moving forward with the newer capabilities available.

Moving through the major updates (3 to 5, 4 to 5, etc.), I found the same to be true. It gave me the opportunity to redesign my applications to take advantage of new capabilities. In some cases, I was able to easily move older code forward, but sometimes it was MUCH better to re-write.

P.
AI Rules!
P.