Discussions related to Visual Prolog
rasvprolog

Web application

Unread post by rasvprolog »

Hello, I am a returning visual prolog users. I developed a very interesting medical decision making application 15 yrs ago, using version 3 or 4. The program was developed by using an HTML PAGE for gathering input and feeding it to a compiled Visual Basic program ( in a .exe) form. At the time web hosting firms had no issue allowing the HTML AND THE EXE ENGINE to reside on their sites. However later on they stopped supporting such practices?
My question is, if I redevelop the engine in the new version 7' would I be able to create web based applications without such issues?
Best regards,
FR
FR
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

It is a highly unclear which "practices" you have to fulfill.

However Visual Prolog can only create EXE and DLL's. So if the "issue" is that EXE's and DLL's are not allowed then Visual Prolog cannot solve the problem.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
drspro2
VIP Member

Unread post by drspro2 »

Hi I made a very extensive web apllication with VIP7.0 and javascript, you can try it out at:

http://www.sportenmuziek.nl/cgi-bin/rdb ... tro_random

The password of this month is : 19473
rasvprolog

Re:

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:It is a highly unclear which "practices" you have to fulfill.

However Visual Prolog can only create EXE and DLL's. So if the "issue" is that EXE's and DLL's are not allowed then Visual Prolog cannot solve the problem.

Thanks for your reply. By practices I mean not allowing an .exe file to run on their site. I have not tried dll version. In any case the site for the beta version is www.radiologicaldx.com, (e.g. try brain tumors on the left column. Actually we published a PDC supported article on the topic) everything works except when the HTML form gathers the info and goes to the PDC exe file, nothing happens.

If you are aware of any web hosting that allows the program, I would appreciate if anyone can introduce it to me.

Best regards
FR
rasvprolog

Re:

drspro2 wrote:Hi I made a very extensive web apllication with VIP7.0 and javascript, you can try it out at:

http://www.sportenmuziek.nl/cgi-bin/rdb ... tro_random

The password of this month is : 19473

Thanks for your response but when I try the link, it gives error message,
FR
drspro2
VIP Member

Unread post by drspro2 »

maybe the problem was that it only works with Mozilla firefox at the moment, the password of this month august is 41933.

regards