Discussions related to Visual Prolog
hrai36

Discontiguous facts

Unread post by hrai36 »

I have a project in which I am dynamically saving facts (functors) . The facts so saved are not contiguous. Because of this when another part of the project uses these facts it is unable to process the newly added facts. How can I have prolog pick all the facts. I know there is a discontiguous directive, but how is it used in Visual prolog?
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I think that I don't really understand the scenario. Are several programs running simultaneously and need to share data?
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

I believe that discontiguous is a compiler directive in other prologs. It may pop up in an error message at compilation or run time in those languages if clauses having the same signature are separated by one or more dissimilar clauses.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

So this seems to be a question concerning some other Prolog context (i.e. other than Visual Prolog).

In any case, there is no discontiguous directive in Visual Prolog, and the concept of discontiguous facts does not exist.
PDC
hrai36

Thanks

Unread post by hrai36 »

Thanks, I realize now that visual prolog does not require a directive. It automatically assumes discontinuous. My bad.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

No problem. I have never realized that we should/could complain about non-contiguous facts ;-).
PDC
George

Unread post by George »

I have a project in which I am dynamically saving facts (functors) . The facts so saved are not contiguous. Because of this when another part of the project uses these facts it is unable to process the newly added facts. How can I have prolog pick all the facts. I know there is a discontiguous directive, but how is it used in Visual prolog?
georgeananth.prolog@gmail.com
Kind Regards,
George Ananth. S | Prolog Developer
georgeananth.prolog@gmail.com
+91 9791499282