Discussions related to Visual Prolog
VPExplorer

Do I have to uninstall vp 10.01, in order to upgrade to 10.02?

Unread post by VPExplorer »

Hi,

I just downloaded the setup for 10.02. It says I have to install 10.01 in order to proceed.

One more question: Pie hasn't changed in the past couple of years, correct? I don't need to recompile it, I think.
Martin Meyer
VIP Member

Do I have to uninstall vp 10.01, in order to upgrade to 10.02?

Unread post by Martin Meyer »

Hi,

in installing 1002 error Thomas answered:
.. you cannot have two instances of Vip 9 or two instances of Vip10. Actually Visual Prolog itself doesn't mind you can have as many as you like, but when making installers you will have to decide which is the same and should be considered updates and which is different and should be able to live together.

If you insist on having both build 1001 and build 1002 then you can simply take a copy of the entire ProDir directory before uninstalling 1001 and installing 1002, then 1001 will be in your copy and 1002 will be in the official installation place.
To pie applies the same as to any code when you are opening your project for the first time in a higher VIP version. The Visual Prolog 9 Upgrade Notes are advising (and I suppose that is advisable in VIP build 1002 as well):
After loading the project you should rebuild the entire project with the help of the Build -> Rebuild All command and answer Yes All/Delete All to the messages suggesting adding/removing packages and include statements. You may have to build again several times to complete the build process.
Regards Martin
VPExplorer

Re: Do I have to uninstall vp 10.01, in order to upgrade to 10.02?

Thanks, but let me change the question to what my actual point was. I wasn't clear.

Will the 10.02 setup replace/overwrite 10.01, or do I have to uninstall 10.01 first?

I don't need multiple version, I just want the most recent version.

My concern is that if I uninstall 10.01, I will have to purchase a new license for 10.02.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I believe/think the installer will in any case first uninstall the old version and then install the new one.

And in any case you will not need to purchase another licenses.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
VPExplorer

Ok, thanks chief.