Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

Repeated call of userParentResize

Unread post by Ferenc Nagy »

Hi,

I modified the userParentResize event handler of the message window.
I inteded to retain the position and the height/width ratio of it.

The following screenshot is showing that
1. the procedure has been executed twice for one resizing and
2. I have seen strange double frames.

The code is here:

Code: Select all

onUserParentResize(_Source, _Width, _Height) :-         % 2013.09.08. Retain position and shape,         PrevClientWidth=taskWindow::prevClientWidth,         PrevClientWidth>0,         PrevClientHeight=taskWindow::prevClientHeight,         PrevClientHeight>0,         A=getParent(),         A:getClientSize(CurrentClientWidth,CurrentClientHeight),         Plain=getVpiWindow(),         rct(OL,OT,OR,OB)=winGetOuterRect(Plain),         % stdio::writef("%\n % %\n",winGetText(Plain),"old outer", rct(OL,OT,OR,OB)),         HasMenu = b_false,         WsFlags = winGetState(Plain),         rct(CL,CT,CR,CB)= rectGetClient(WsFlags, HasMenu, rct(OL,OT,OR,OB)),         % stdio::writef("% %\n","old client", rct(CL,CT,CR,CB)),         WidthRatio=(CurrentClientWidth+0.0)/PrevClientWidth,         HeightRatio=(CurrentClientHeight+0.0)/PrevClientHeight, %        stdio::writef("%-12.12s = %9.2g\n","Width Ratio",WidthRatio), %        stdio::writef("%-12.12s = %9.2g\n","Height Ratio",HeightRatio),         NL=math::round(CL*WidthRatio),         NR=math::round(CR*WidthRatio),         NT=math::round(CT*HeightRatio),         NB=math::round(CB*HeightRatio),         stdio::writef("% %\n","new client",rct(NL,NT,NR,NB)),         winMove(Plain,rct(NL,NT,NR,NB)),         stdio::writef("% %\n","new outer", winGetOuterRect(Plain)),         !.    
Would you be so kind to explain the strange phenomena?
Attachments
Screen shot of the message window with marked strange phenomena.
Screen shot of the message window with marked strange phenomena.
repeated resize.png (16.34 KiB) Viewed 18894 times
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Re: Repeated call of userParentResize

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

Ferenc Nagy wrote:I modified the userParentResize event handler of the message window.
What is the userParentResize event handler?
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

It is the handler of the ParentResize event

Hi Thomas,
It is the handler of the ParentResize event.
I think you recognize the modifications of the constructor of the message window class.

newPlus(Parent,Decoration,CloseResponder,Title,FontName,FontSize) :-         formWindow::new(Parent),         formMessageControl := messageControl::new(This),         setText(Title),         setFont(vpi::fontCreateByName(FontName,FontSize)),         addUserListener(onUserParentResize),         setCloseResponder(CloseResponder),         setDecoration(Decoration),         addSizeListener(resizeListener),         addGetFocusListener(focusListener),
addUserListener(onUserParentResize),

addDestroyListener(onDestroy),         Parent:addSizeListener(onParentResize),         stdio::setOutputStream(formMessageControl:getOutputStream()),         onParentResize(Parent).
My other goals work fine why I have modified the message handling.
1) Passing a font to the constructor.
2) Prohibiting the close box.
3) Allowing the user to modify the offset from the task window.
(Why have you fixed to the high value of 10 pixels?)

I attach the whole context.
Attachments
modmessform.zip
The full context of my modified message handling.
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I have looked at the attached files.

You obtain a line count from vpiMessage, but that does not make sense. You should completely eliminate vpiMessage (and vpiEditor) from your project. They are not used for message windows anymore.

I do not get the repetitions you have, are you sure they come from that clause?

I suggest that you use postAction instead of user events:

predicates     onParentResize : sizeListener. clauses     onParentResize(Window) :-         not(documentWindow::isMaximized()),         not(isMinimized()),         !,         Window:getClientSize(Width, Height),         postAction({ :- onUserParentResize(Width, Height) }).     onParentResize(_).   predicates     onUserParentResize : (integer Width, integer Height). clauses     onUserParentResize(Width, Height) :-         b_false = vpi::getAttrVal(vpiDomains::attr_win_mdi),         !,         resizeMessageForm(Width, Height).     onUserParentResize(_Width, _Height) :-         retain_mode=relative_height,         !,         ClientWnd = uncheckedConvert(vpiDomains::windowHandle,             vpi::getAttrNativeVal(vpiDomains::attr_win_mdi_client_hwnd)),         vpiDomains::rct(_,_,Width, Height) = vpi::winGetClientRect(ClientWnd),         resizeMessageForm(Width, Height).      onUserParentResize(_Width, _Height) :-         % 2013.09.08. Retain position and shape,         PrevClientWidth=taskWindow::prevClientWidth,         PrevClientWidth>0,         PrevClientHeight=taskWindow::prevClientHeight,         PrevClientHeight>0,         A=getParent(),         ...
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

Resize adventures

Thank you Thomas, for your work and suggestions.
I could build in them into my program.
I had to comment out the

%addUserListener(onUserParentResize),

calls because your

predicates      onUserParentResize : (integer Width, integer Height).
is not an user listener. It has only two parameters.

I attach a picture what happens sometimes when I resize the task window by the mouse
from the lower right corner.

ClientWnd = uncheckedConvert(vpiDomains::windowHandle,             vpi::getAttrNativeVal(vpiDomains::attr_win_mdi_client_hwnd)),

Is there a less twisted mode to get the client window?
Attachments
Multiple borders of message window
Multiple borders of message window
retaskwi.png (15.63 KiB) Viewed 18792 times
Last edited by Ferenc Nagy on 20 Sep 2013 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

Changes acoording to your advices

Hi Thomas,
Here are the changes according to your advice:
http://discuss.visual-prolog.com/viewto ... 8423#38423.

I added one more option, the script system code which is at offset 23 in the binary Font structure
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

The versions with a font are described in http://www.pinvoke.net/default.aspx/Str ... GFONT.html

Excerpt:

ANSI_CHARSET = 0,             DEFAULT_CHARSET = 1,             SYMBOL_CHARSET = 2,             SHIFTJIS_CHARSET = 128,             HANGEUL_CHARSET = 129,             HANGUL_CHARSET = 129,             GB2312_CHARSET = 134,             CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET = 136,             OEM_CHARSET = 255,             JOHAB_CHARSET = 130,             HEBREW_CHARSET = 177,             ARABIC_CHARSET = 178,             GREEK_CHARSET = 161,             TURKISH_CHARSET = 162,             VIETNAMESE_CHARSET = 163,             THAI_CHARSET = 222,             EASTEUROPE_CHARSET = 238,             RUSSIAN_CHARSET = 204,             MAC_CHARSET = 77,             BALTIC_CHARSET = 186,
Attachments
MessageFormChanges.zip
(17.2 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy