FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

GDI+ pen domain question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    discuss.visual-prolog.com Forum Index -> Visual Prolog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrison Pratt

Des Moines, Iowa USA

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017 15:52    Post subject: GDI+ pen domain question Reply with quote

I am trying to create pens having colors and widths defined in a lookup table so that I can create a pen by an index number. Obviously, I don't understand the return domain for PEN. The debugger shows that a gdiplus_native::gpPen is created when I successfully create pens within the display code for a form.

An alternate approach would be to not try to create the pens, but just update an existing pen's color and width from a lookup table. This might be more efficient use of resources as well ... but I would really like to understand this a little better.

Both of the class predicate declarations for paintPen/1 below cause c504 errors:

class predicates % for the lookup table
    p : ( integer PenNum, unsigned Color, real Width ) determ (i,o,o).
clauses
    p( 0, color::darkred, 1 ).
    p( 1, color::darkblue, 1 ).

class predicates
%    paintPen : ( integer PenNum ) -> gdiplus_native::gpPen.
        % error c504 : The expression has type 'pen', which is incompatible with the type 'gdiplus_native::gpPen'
    paintPen : ( integer PenNum ) -> pen.
%        error c504 : The expression has type 'pen', which is incompatible with the type 'vpiDomains::
clauses
    paintPen( PNO ) = P :-
        p(PNO,C,Width),
        !,
        PColor = color::create(C),
        P = pen::createColor( PColor, Width, unitPixel ).
    paintPen( _ ) = pen::createColor( color::create( color::black ), 1, unitPixel ).

ADDENDUM: However, if I put the paintPen/1 declaration in the .cl file instead of the .pro file, everything compiles nicely. Surprised
Thomas Linder Puls

Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have opened vpiDomains in the top of your implementation, therefore pen is vpiDomains::pen.

The gdi+ pen is a global interface, which is shadowed by vpiDomains::pen (due to the open).

You can however reference the global pen by prefixing it with '::':

class predicates
    paintPen : ( integer PenNum ) -> ::pen.

Harrison Pratt

Des Moines, Iowa USA

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Thomas!

I did not remember Global Entities Access in the Wiki: http://wiki.visual-prolog.com/index.php?title=Language_Reference/Terms#Global_Entities_Access.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    discuss.visual-prolog.com Forum Index -> Visual Prolog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: