Discussions related to Visual Prolog
augustinharrison

json doc

Unread post by augustinharrison »

without any experience with the json example which i have downloaded, i tried to load some
data into a format i can put into a json doc using the following code:

Code: Select all

domains xav_PairLst    = xav_pairs*. xav_pairs      = xav_Pair*. xav_Pair        = av(col_name,data_type). data_type      = string;real;xav_pairs;xav_PairLst.
and in program...

XAV_Pairs1 =                                          [av("EntityUID","808b259b-a996-4649-9cdb-21e4cd5fe654"),                                          av("Addresses",[av("InstanceName", "Home Address"),                                                                   av("Zip", "30135"),                                                                   av("State", "GA"),                                                                   av("Country","USA"),                                                                               av("Address1", "6513 Osceola Way")                                                       ]),                                           av("Description","Demographic Profile"),                                           av("OwnerUID","115f1838-6cc4-40d5-bcf2-5fb19fd27fe0"),                                           av("SpecificTypeID", "d8347260-f601-4ba7-a1d8-7da53fc965b4"),                                             av("Identifications",[[av("InstanceName","Test Account"),                                                                                          av("IdentificationKey","Membership"),                                                                          av("IdentificationValue", "1232445-234")                                                                       ],[av("InstanceName", "Individual"),                                                                                       av("IdentificationKey", "Individual"),                                                                           av("IdentificationValue", "0001")                                                                                 ]]),                                           av("ReleaseStatusID",0),                                           av("ConceptInstanceUID","c7033682-0a4d-4e49-b5d1-574369ca4865"),                                           av("EffectiveDate","Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM"),                                             av("Name",[av("InstanceName","EntityName"),                                                             av("FirstName","Michael"),                                                             av("FullName","Michael W. Saxon"),                                                             av("LastName","Saxon"),                                                             av("MiddleName","W.")                                                            ])                                         ] ,     XAV_Pairs5 =                         [av("EntityUID","808b259b-a996-4649-9cdb-21e4cd5fe654"),                                      av("Description","Employee Profile"),                                      av("OwnerUID","08830664-0647-48ab-b0cf-0949a6b14713"),                                      av("SpecificTypeID","b750a104-dfe9-43f4-ae1d-73241a58a4bc"),                                      av("ReleaseStatusID",0),                          av("EmployeeID","004"),                                      av("ConceptInstanceUID","a7d03848-1282-4b44-95c1-5c52ce9512b8"),                                      av("EffectiveDate","Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM")                                   ],         Rest5 = [av("attributes",                        [av("EntityUID", "808b259b-a996-4649-9cdb-21e4cd5fe654"),                                     av("Description","Patient Profile"),                                         av("OwnerUID","691621e7-e25d-4bbf-b22a-b8eabf93de7e"),                                         av("SpecificTypeID","4ea1b8cf-3b38-4e08-bd57-4995c938616e"),                                         av("ReleaseStatusID", 0),                                         av("PatientID","sdlgjdlgldjf"),                                     av("ConceptInstanceUID","ada105e0-33dc-4722-aff9-7d9f2e61b49c"),                                 av("EffectiveDate","Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM")                  ])],               Rest = [av("attributes",XAV_Pairs5)|Rest5],     _Doc = [av("abstractions", [ av("attributes",[XAV_Pairs1|Rest])])].
the above line is supposed to make a result that packs those av lists together.
the first av at the top has a string instead of another av pair. i was hoping the domain would translate it but i am missing something. i tried both string and text(string) with no luck.

i will look hard at the rpc example because this is for loading a doc from a service using jdoc
but i know av(col_name,data_value) does use data_value for both text and numbers so i attempted to do the same with this.
i get either error c504 : The expression has type '::string', which is incompatible with the type 'main::data_type'
or
The expression has type 'A$*', which is incompatible with the type 'main::data_type' when using
text(string)

by the way, thanks for the lead of the rpc/json service example, it looks good. if it eliminates
the need for the above approach l will scrap it and just dive in to that. i was trying to define a
list structure that would make reaching down into the doc easily.

AEH
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

Your data_type domain is not what you think it is.

You have defined 4 functors, not something that is the union of 4 domains.

That kind of union does not exist in Visual Prolog.

You should write something like this instead:

domains     data_type =          string(string String);          real(real Real);          xav_pairs(xav_pairs Xav_pairs);          xav_PairLst(xav_PairLst Xav_PairLst).
However from json DOM, I believe you have discovered the PFC JSON support. And I belive it will be much faster for you to use that than to rely on your own code (we have already made the work).
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
augustinharrison

json dom

i would like you to build me a handler for json-DOM-visual prolog. i will have to replace the sql statements in my interpreter with references to my 5 data structures.
eg:profiles,rates,stats,codes,accum.
so DOC=profiles(entity,uid) could return a document with that data. creating a data access layer would make the database transparent to the user and let them focus on the content of those 5 structures. the av pairs lst i tried to define was an attempt to map a document into lists of key value pairs for those structures. now it seems like i need to just use the 7 data types of json as u suggested.

can you estimate time and cost for a handler that would be comparable to the java-json-dom capability ?

thanks

AEH[/img]
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

I do not completely understand what you write.

However it is quite simple to build a JSON structure from and ODBC query.

For example like here (this code is not completely vip 7.5 compatible, but it should not be a big problem to update it):

class predicates     select : jsonProc_name. clauses     select(OdbcRpcContext, ArgMap) = Result :-         Age = ArgMap:get_real("age"),         Stmt = OdbcRpcContext:odbcConnection:execDirect("select Name, Age from PersonStr where Age > ?", [real(Age)]),         Result = fetch_json(Stmt).   class predicates     fetch_json : (odbcStatement Stmt) -> json::jsonValue Result. clauses     fetch_json(Stmt) = a(Result) :-         NumColumns = Stmt:numResultCols(),         Result =             [ o(R) ||                 Stmt:fetch_nd(),                 R = jsonObject::new(),                 foreach Column = std::fromTo(1, NumColumns) do                     Name = Stmt:getColumnName(Column),                     Value = Stmt:getColumnValue(Column),                     JSON = fromValue(Value),                     R:set(Name, JSON)                 end foreach             ],         Stmt:free().   class predicates     fromValue : (value Value) -> json::jsonValue JsonValue. clauses     %!!     fromValue(none) = json::n.     fromValue(boolean(false)) = json::f.     fromValue(boolean(true)) = json::t.     fromValue(unsigned64(Value)) = json::r(Value).     fromValue(integer64(Value)) = json::r(Value).     fromValue(unsigned(Value)) = json::r(Value).     fromValue(integer(Value)) = json::r(Value).     fromValue(real(Value)) = json::r(Value).     fromValue(char(Value)) = json::s(string::charToString(Value)).     fromValue(string(Value)) = json::s(Value).     fromValue(string8(Value)) = json::s(string8::fromUtf8(Value)).     fromValue(binary(Value)) = json::s(cryptography::base64_encode(Value)).     fromValue(gmtTimeValue(Value)) = json::s(string::present(Value)).     fromValue(localTimeValue(Value)) = json::s(string::present(Value)).     fromValue(Value) = _ :-         binaryNonAtomic(_) = Value,         cannotConvert(Value).     fromValue(Value) = _ :-         object(_) = Value,         cannotConvert(Value).     fromValue(Value) = _ :-         pointer(_) = Value,         cannotConvert(Value).     fromValue(Value) = _ :-         handle(_) = Value,         cannotConvert(Value).   class predicates     cannotConvert : (value Value) erroneous. clauses     cannotConvert(Value) :-         exception::raise_errorf("Cannot convert % to a JSON value", Value).
PDC
augustinharrison

json

let me take a shot with that. excellent. thank you.
aeh
augustinharrison

json to and from doc

i see that code is putting all types into json types but i havent got it to compile.

what i need though is the mechanism for taking a nosql document and be able to get and put the
values of that document by position and name.

an example would be to get the address or any other attribute i might need. so the request and response need to be read or written by the entries of a document. i tried to use av because it was already in my project to populate forms but i really need to follow a standard like the java json
dom uses to get the values in string,value arrays and objects. so, addresses is an entry in profile which is one of my 5 data structures from which i know what to ask for either by position or name
from the following document....

<pre>{
"requestUUID": "05aa84a8-9e70-4b80-a7da-c95e700ffcb5",
"responseUUID": "b0c83dc0-3d63-417c-a23a-88cf8d5eda51",
"abstractions": [{
"attributes": {
"EntityUID": "808b259b-a996-4649-9cdb-21e4cd5fe654",
"Addresses": [{
"InstanceName": "Home Address",
"Zip": "30135",
"State": "GA",
"Country": "USA",
"Address1": "6513 Osceola Way",
"City": "Douglasville"
}
],
"Description": "Demographic Profile",
"OwnerUID": "115f1838-6cc4-40d5-bcf2-5fb19fd27fe0",
"SpecificTypeID": "d8347260-f601-4ba7-a1d8-7da53fc965b4",
"Identifications": [{
"InstanceName": "Test Account",
"IdentificationKey": "Membership",
"IdentificationValue": "1232445-234"
}, {
"InstanceName": "Individual",
"IdentificationKey": "Individual",
"IdentificationValue": "0001"
}
],
"ReleaseStatusID": 0,
"ConceptInstanceUID": "c7033682-0a4d-4e49-b5d1-574369ca4865",
"EffectiveDate": "Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM",
"Name": {
"InstanceName": "EntityName",
"FirstName": "Michael",
"FullName": "Michael W. Saxon",
"LastName": "Saxon",
"MiddleName": "W."
}
}
}, {
"Description": "Employee Profile",
"OwnerUID": "08830664-0647-48ab-b0cf-0949a6b14713",
"SpecificTypeID": "b750a104-dfe9-43f4-ae1d-73241a58a4bc",
"EmployeeID": "004",
"ConceptInstanceUID": "a7d03848-1282-4b44-95c1-5c52ce9512b8",
"EffectiveDate": "Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM"
}
}, {
"Description": "Patient Profile",
"OwnerUID": "691621e7-e25d-4bbf-b22a-b8eabf93de7e",
"PatientID": "sdlgjdlgldjf",
"SpecificTypeID": "4ea1b8cf-3b38-4e08-bd57-4995c938616e",
"ConceptInstanceUID": "ada105e0-33dc-4722-aff9-7d9f2e61b49c",
"EffectiveDate": "Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM"
}
}
]
}</pre>

i have seen the java json dom pull any value from that doc by name or position and i need
the same thing in prolog. does this request make sense yet? if possible, can you estimate
the time and cost to build this?

i have included the java dom example.
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

I am not quite sure what you are looking for (which is not already there).

Perhaps you just need to realize how it works, maybe this may help:

clauses     run() :-         % Parse the "document" in to a json::jsonValue         DocValue = json::fromString(doc),         out("doc", DocValue),         % The result is a JSON object so we extract the object         json::o(DocObject) == DocValue,         % Get the "abstractions" from the object         AbstractionsValue = DocObject:get("abstractions"),         out("AbstractionsValue", AbstractionsValue),         %  The result is a JSON Array so we extract the list of json::jsonValue's         json::a(AbstractionValueList) == AbstractionsValue,         % For the exampel we use the second json::jsonValue in the list         [_, AbstractionValue2 | _] == AbstractionValueList,         out("AbstractionValue2", AbstractionValue2),         % It is a JSON object so we extract the object         json::o(AbstractionObject2) == AbstractionValue2,         % Get the "attributes" from the object         AttributesValue2 = AbstractionObject2:get("attributes"),         out("AttributesValue2", AttributesValue2),         % The attributes is a JSON object, so we extract the object         json::o(AttributesObject2) == AttributesValue2,         % Get the "Description" from the object         DescroptionValue2 = AttributesObject2:get("Description"),         out("DescroptionValue2", DescroptionValue2),         % The description is a JSON string, so we extract the string         json::s(DescriptionString2) == DescroptionValue2,         stdio::writef("The description is: %\n", DescriptionString2).   class predicates     out : (string Label, json::jsonValue Value). clauses     out(Label, Value) :-         O = stdio::outputStream,         O:write(Label, "\n"),         jsonPrettyPrint::ppValue(O, Value),         O:write("\n\n").   constants     doc =         @<{>         @<      "requestUUID": "05aa84a8-9e70-4b80-a7da-c95e700ffcb5",>         @<      "responseUUID": "b0c83dc0-3d63-417c-a23a-88cf8d5eda51",>         @<      "abstractions": [{>         @<                      "attributes": {>         @<                              "EntityUID": "808b259b-a996-4649-9cdb-21e4cd5fe654",>         @<                              "Addresses": [{>         @<                                              "InstanceName": "Home Address",>         @<                                              "Zip": "30135",>         @<                                              "State": "GA",>         @<                        "Country": "USA",>         @<                                              "Address1": "6513 Osceola Way",>         @<                                              "City": "Douglasville">         @<                                      }>         @<                              ],>         @<                              "Description": "Demographic Profile",>         @<                              "OwnerUID": "115f1838-6cc4-40d5-bcf2-5fb19fd27fe0",>         @<                              "SpecificTypeID": "d8347260-f601-4ba7-a1d8-7da53fc965b4",>         @<                              "Identifications": [{>         @<                                              "InstanceName": "Test Account",>         @<                                              "IdentificationKey": "Membership",>         @<                                              "IdentificationValue": "1232445-234">         @<                                      }, {>         @<                                              "InstanceName": "Individual",>         @<                                              "IdentificationKey": "Individual",>         @<                                              "IdentificationValue": "0001">         @<                                      }>         @<                              ],>         @<                              "ReleaseStatusID": 0,>         @<                              "ConceptInstanceUID": "c7033682-0a4d-4e49-b5d1-574369ca4865",>         @<                              "EffectiveDate": "Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM",>         @<                              "Name": {>         @<                                      "InstanceName": "EntityName",>         @<                                      "FirstName": "Michael",>         @<                                      "FullName": "Michael W. Saxon",>         @<                                      "LastName": "Saxon",>         @<                                      "MiddleName": "W.">         @<                              }>         @<                      }>         @<              }, {>         @<                      "attributes": {>         @<                              "EntityUID": "808b259b-a996-4649-9cdb-21e4cd5fe654",>         @<                              "Description": "Employee Profile",>         @<                              "OwnerUID": "08830664-0647-48ab-b0cf-0949a6b14713",>         @<                              "SpecificTypeID": "b750a104-dfe9-43f4-ae1d-73241a58a4bc",>         @<                              "ReleaseStatusID": 0,>         @<                              "EmployeeID": "004",>         @<                              "ConceptInstanceUID": "a7d03848-1282-4b44-95c1-5c52ce9512b8",>         @<                              "EffectiveDate": "Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM">         @<                      }>         @<              }, {>         @<                      "attributes": {>         @<                              "EntityUID": "808b259b-a996-4649-9cdb-21e4cd5fe654",>         @<                              "Description": "Patient Profile",>         @<                              "OwnerUID": "691621e7-e25d-4bbf-b22a-b8eabf93de7e",>         @<                              "PatientID": "sdlgjdlgldjf",>         @<                              "SpecificTypeID": "4ea1b8cf-3b38-4e08-bd57-4995c938616e",>         @<                              "ReleaseStatusID": 0,>         @<                              "ConceptInstanceUID": "ada105e0-33dc-4722-aff9-7d9f2e61b49c",>         @<                              "EffectiveDate": "Feb 2, 2017 10:04:26 AM">         @<                      }>         @<              }>         @<      ]>         @<}>.

(The syntax coloring of the doc string is not correct here in the forum).
PDC
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Notice that there are short-cuts on jsonObject's that look-up and extract in a single operation:

clauses     run() :-         % Parse the "document" in to a json::jsonValue         DocValue = json::fromString(doc),         out("doc", DocValue),         % The result is a JSON object so we extract the object         json::o(DocObject) == DocValue,         % Get the "abstractions" from the object         AbstractionValueList = DocObject:get_array("abstractions"),         % For the exampel we use the second json::jsonValue in the list         [_, AbstractionValue2 | _] == AbstractionValueList,         out("AbstractionValue2", AbstractionValue2),         % It is a JSON object so we extract the object         json::o(AbstractionObject2) == AbstractionValue2,         % Get the "attributes" from the object         AttributesObject2 = AbstractionObject2:get_object("attributes"),         % Get the "Description" from the object         DescriptionString2 = AttributesObject2:get_string("Description"),         stdio::writef("The description is: %\n", DescriptionString2).

I.e. get_array, get_object, get_string , etc.
PDC
augustinharrison

json to and from doc

that was in fact the problem. thank you so much for taking your time to explain it. i am on the move again!!!
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Excellent :D
PDC
augustinharrison

parse dom

i am rolling now. the only other point is has anyone parsed a syntax statement like the java dom does?

eg:

requestSyntax = "json.abstractions[0].attributes.Identifications[IdentificationKey=Individual].IdentificationValue";

thanks. you have given me a means to write my piece of a real dynamic programming platform.
i will keep you posted.
Last edited by augustinharrison on 24 Feb 2017 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

We have not made such a system. In our way of using JSON is it not very relevant. We don't use JSON as a way of dealing with data (we use normal Visual Prolog for that) we only use JSON as a serialization format, in line with XML, plain Visual Prolog term read/write , etc.

I can suggest that you create a term based language for it. Something like:

domains     jsonPath = jsonSelector*.   domains     jsonSelector =         a(string Name); % attribute         i(positive Index); % index         s(string Attribute, string Value). % select first match
Your example:

requestSyntax = "json.abstractions[0].attributes.Identifications[IdentificationKey=Individual].IdentificationValue";

Will correspond to:

Path = [a("abstractions"), i(0), a("attributes"), a("Identifications"), s("IdentificationKey", "Individual"), a("IdentificationValue")],     RequestSyntax = trySelect(Json, Path),
Once you have that it will also be "quite easy" to create a parser for the "string" version of the language using the parser generator, and let that transform into your functor language.

So you can write this instead:

RequestSyntax = trySelect(Json, "abstractions[0].attributes.Identifications[IdentificationKey=Individual].IdentificationValue"),
PDC
augustinharrison

perfect

once again, that is exactly what i needed. thank you so much.

AEH
aeh