FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Error 0x00000002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    discuss.visual-prolog.com Forum Index -> Visual Prolog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnspd

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016 14:02    Post subject: Error 0x00000002 Reply with quote

I“m trying to implement the family program in Prolog Examples:
http://wiki.visual-prolog.com/index.php?title=Fundamental_Visual_Prolog

But instead with a few tweaks and have found that it Visual Prolog, doesn“t want to accept the fa.txt file that I have created with the "facts".

The fa.txt file respects the "class facts" and "domains" but it says once I try to add it to the program that it doesn“t have proper compile rule.

I have been all night trying to fix this but still no clue, can you help?

Thank you,
John

Erro Prolog.PNG
 Description:
Error
 Filesize:  14.66 KB
 Viewed:  449 Time(s)

Erro Prolog.PNG

Martin Meyer

Frankfurt a.M., Germany

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

step 5 from the Fundamental Visual Prolog tutorial says about fa.txt: >>You cannot create such a file directly in the IDE itself, but you can...<< Probably that was true when the tutorial has been written. However in current VIP 7.5.0.2 you can create an appropriate text file in the IDE. Instead of step 5 do this:

Right-click on the root entry family1 in the Project Window,
left-click New in Existing Package....

Left-click the lowermost menu item "Text File" in the Create Project Item window,
enter fa in the Name-field,
and left-click Create.

Copy clauses person("Judith",female). person("Bill",male). etc. from the tutorial to the text file's window,
run it by pressing Alt+F5. ~voilą~
Thomas Linder Puls

Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2016 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message about the "compilation rule" is just a warning. The warning means that the file will not be compiled and linked into the final program. So basically it is a warning stating: you can have this file in your project if you like, but it will not be part of the program.

But since the intension of adding the file to the project is to have easy editing/viewing access to it, so there is no problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    discuss.visual-prolog.com Forum Index -> Visual Prolog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: