Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

Why leads AlignBaseline=true to execution error?

Unread post by Ferenc Nagy »

Hi,
I am debugging a form in a program without task window (directly displayed from the main module).
I set the dialog font to "Andale Mono".
The debugger shows execution error for each controls where I selected AlignBaseline=true in the property sheet of the form.
The execution without debugging does not lead to these errors.
Why?
This errors disappeared when I set the AlignBaseline property of all controls which had this drop down list in their property sheets.
What is the exact effect of the AlignBaseline=true setting and when do you recommend use this option?
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

AlignBaseline is supposed to help with getting different controls to write their text as if it was written on the same line.

If you place a static text next to a button two texts will not appear to be on the same line.

After having experimented a little with the feature I am however certain that it doesn't work. It may work if you use a certain font at a certain size in a certain Windows version.

So the advice is not to use it.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Ferenc Nagy
VIP Member

Unread post by Ferenc Nagy »

Thank you, Thomas.
I have set the AlignBaseLine properties to "False" for all controls owing it. It is interesting that now I do not see the setting in the automatically generated code, and the debugging is not interrupted. It looks like the default state of this property is "False".
TIA, Regards,
Frank Nagy
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I believe the property editor has the wrong view of what the default value is.

We will look at these problems.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC