Discussions related to Visual Prolog
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

IDE Toolbar Buttons Unresponsive

Unread post by Harrison Pratt »

From time to time, the [C] [B] [E] buttons on the IDE toolbar do not invoke the Compile, Build or Execute functions. However, if I use the pull-down menu the IDE will compile, build or execute. I have not been able to correlate this with any background processes so far.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I believe that everybody at our site uses the keyboard for building, so such a problem may be undetected here.

In any case we have not heard about it before, and we don't know how to reproduce the problem. So I think we need more info to address the problem.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

I will try to identify what initiates this behavior in the IDE and any concurrent processes that might be causing this. It's intermittent, so it may take me a while to better document this.
Vitaly Markov

Unread post by Vitaly Markov »

The described problem was and is for VIP5.x (Win XP) and VIP7.x (Win 10).
I could not define the reason of a problem within last ~17 years .
The Turbo Prolog 2.x had no such problem :)
Paul Cerkez
VIP Member

Unread post by Paul Cerkez »

Ah, Yes, good old Turbo Prolog 2.0 Where I had my first introduction to Prolog. :-)

P.
AI Rules!
P.
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

The problem is related to the dialog editor (and possibly other resource editors). If you have a dialog editor open the toolbar buttons are sometimes unresponsive, but not grayed out. I plan to further characterize this behavior shortly.

Yup, I liked Turbo Prolog, too. Text window applications were much faster than MS Windows applications with the hardware we had then.
Harrison Pratt
VIP Member

Re: IDE Toolbar Buttons Unresponsive

FYI -- This still happens with VIP 8 -- if I click on the desktop or another application then the IDE toolbar buttons become responsive.