Discussions related to Visual Prolog
hyphz

Library Reference?

Unread post by hyphz »

Has the library reference been moved somewhere I can't find? Previously I recall the built-in context help contained lists and prototypes for all the library functions but it seems to be inaccessible now. The wiki has the language reference, but not the library reference. Is there a library reference still maintained?
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

Yes, the library reference is still there, but unfortunately it has become a little trickier to get to.

If you place the caret in a word you know belongs to PFC and press F1 then it should open, but if the caret is for example in a keyword you will get to the language reference in the wiki on the WEB instead.

I think we will put a menu entry in the help menu for opening this specific part of the help system.

You can also open the file directly from its directory the file is $(ProDir)\doc\vip.chm.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
hyphz

Unread post by hyphz »

Thanks for your reply, however pressing F1 did not seem to work when I tried it - nothing happened and on one occasion I got an assertion error in the IDE. This may be due to the fact I am using Windows 10.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Can you open the help file manually?

What happens if you place the caret in the word "clauses" and then press F1?
PDC
hyphz

Re:

Unread post by hyphz »

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:Can you open the help file manually?

What happens if you place the caret in the word "clauses" and then press F1?
Nothing happens when I do that.

If I put the caret on a "tryGet" call and press F1, I get the message to "choose 'tryGet' to show help topic..', but whichever one I choose the window then disappears and no help appears.

Opening the .CHM file manually works OK.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

F1 on "clauses" should open the language reference in the wiki on the WEB.

F1 on "tryGet" ask about which tryGet you mean and should then open the .chm file on the selected entry.

F1 on "collection" should (since there is only one collection entry) directly open the .chm file on "collection".

We will investigate this.
PDC
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

One question more, what is your default browser?
PDC
hyphz

Unread post by hyphz »

I'm still getting this issue. Any time help is opened on the Web it works fine (and my default browser is Firefox) but anything that would open the CHM file silently does nothing. The only way to view the CHM file is to manually open it from file manager.