Discussions related to Visual Prolog
augustinharrison

socket project to 7.4

Unread post by augustinharrison »

i tried to pull the socket demo down and compile it because i have code in 6.3 based on it and i upgraded to 7.4. Since it wouldnt compile i tried to get the latest socket project and compile it
and it wont. i am getting a bunch of retired use old which i tried to do but i keep getting trapped between old and new. the last error was:
Type Description Filename e304 Retired entity 'vpiDomains::sizeHandler': Retired use the one from vpiOldDomains instead TaskWindow.pro

when i change it i get an integer error that i dont understand.

i have been on this for weeks and i need some help. even when solved i still have to put my 6.3 code into this project so any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

aeh
aeh
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

Unread post by Thomas Linder Puls »

I am not sure if I get the details with different versions of this and that.

But I have updated the socket demo to Vip 7.4.
Regards Thomas Linder Puls
PDC
augustinharrison

socket

Unread post by augustinharrison »

thank you Thomas.

AEH
aeh
Jason_6

Re:

Unread post by Jason_6 »

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:I am not sure if I get the details with different versions of this and that.

But I have updated the socket demo to Vip 7.4.
How about the latest vp 7.5 CE? As mentiond in socket demo , in
How to Operate This Demo, Open the Prolog_server and initialize server by File|Start Server menu command.Run Prolog_client in command prompt and see how the prolog client exchanges information with the prolog server.
However, as my attachment has shown, I can't find File|Start Server menu command in my prolog_server.exe, as a result, I can't use demo as expected.Could you give me a hand?

In addition,the given socket demo is of great help, which demonstrates how to establish a socket connection between server and client, written in Visual Prolog. Meanwhile, it can demonstrate how java and prolog can work together.Could you provide me examples that can demonstrate how other languages and prolog can work together, such as C/C++? If you could consider it,I'll be so appreciated.

Millions of Thanks!!
Attachments
can not find File|Start Server menu command in my prolog_server.exe
can not find File|Start Server menu command in my prolog_server.exe
server.jpg (137.96 KiB) Viewed 12499 times
In me the tiger sniffs the rose.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

As can be seen in the message window the server has started automatically (i.e. without the need to invoke a menu item). So the description does not match the program, but otherwise the program works.

It is outside our scope to create C/C++ code.
PDC
Jason_6

Re:

Unread post by Jason_6 »

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:without the need to invoke a menu item
Thanks.However,in the socket Demo provided by your website http://www.visual-prolog.com/vip/exampl ... socket.htm

the procedure recommended by author (maybe not by you, but Created by INTECH Software Solutions, Inc.) about How to Operate This Demo is as follows:
Open the Prolog_server and initialize server by File|Start Server menu command.
Run Prolog_client in command prompt and see how the prolog client exchanges information with the prolog server.
I want to know whether it's precise for that description.
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

It is not precise because you should not press the mentioned menu command.
PDC
Jason_6

Re:

Unread post by Jason_6 »

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:It is not precise because you should not press the mentioned menu command.
So could you tell me how to initialize server please, because I don't know how to use this demo in right way. How can I kown my customed "Mystring" has transfered from server to the client? Thanks! :wink:
Jason_6

Re:

Unread post by Jason_6 »

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:It is outside our scope to create C/C++ code.
Of course, you're absolutely right. However, your example "Socket Demo" demonstrates how java and prolog can work together. So do you also have some examples (e.g.prolog with C/C++)provided by the third Party, which will help me a lot.
Millions of thanks again!
Jason_6

Re:

Unread post by Jason_6 »

Thomas Linder Puls wrote:It is not precise because you should not press the mentioned menu command.
Dear Thomas,
Sorry for the previous image provided by me, I update the image as my new attachment.My quesyion is still that I can't find File|Start Server menu command.
Thanks for your patience!
Attachments
666.jpg
666.jpg (52.62 KiB) Viewed 12469 times
Thomas Linder Puls
VIP Member

The server starts automatically.

See the text in the message window:
Attachments
Message Window